There will be moments in your life when you will feel weaker than usual. You would feel that life is not going according to what you have planned. It can be enough to make you feel like you do not want to face another day anymore. There are some people who just stay in bed all day because they do not know how to face reality yet. Instead of wallowing in depression, you can always check out quotes for strength to help you cope with the situation that you are in.
You have to remember that even if life is filled with highs, you have to experience the lows too so that you can become stronger and be more resilient about life. The more that you are able to overcome challenges, the stronger you will be. In order to get to the top, you will encounter a lot of challenges that will truly change you as a person.
You need to find your will to keep being strong by looking at these quotes for strength that you can gain motivation from.
- Remember that strength comes from continuous battles. If you do not have any battles to fight, you will not grow strong.
- When you love someone deeply, this can be your motivation to become stronger because you will endure everything for that person.
- If you would like to do things in a faster manner, you need to be united with people who can help you out. If you are divided, you might end up doing different parts for different tasks.
- A real man is someone who smiles even when there is trouble ahead. He knows that he needs all the positive vibes to get through and he is not wasting any minute.
- When you wake up in the morning, take this as a sign that you still have a purpose in life. You still have to do something that you have not done yet. Keep finding what that thing is in order to get the ultimate fulfillment.
- The calmer you are about facing life’s difficult challenges, the easier it will be for you to think of the possible resolutions.
- If there is someone who can save you from yourself, it is only you. If you wish to do evil, then you will be responsible. If you choose to good, then it is your decision. You cannot blame other people for the mistakes you have done in life because all your choices are your own.
- Do you want to know how you can be brave? You need to reflect. Think about the things that you have done and even the things you have said. You will learn a lot by contemplating on the things you have gone through.
- Even if there are overwhelming obstacles ahead, smile and be thankful that you are being challenged. You will not be given obstacles unless the world knows that you cannot take them.
- Remember that out of necessity, human beings are known to have done nearly impossible things. You can be superhuman too when you are under a lot of distress.
Do you like the quotes for strength that are mentioned? These quotes are meant to motivate you and remind you that there are so many things in life that you can do despite the struggles that you are facing.
- The moment that you have found your place in the world, stand firm. You can always go higher but keep your feet on the ground.
- Remember that the world will always hurl different obstacles that will leave you broken in certain places but from those broken places, new pieces will grow and there are more resilient than ever.
- The people that you love are your strength and your weakness. You should always cherish and honor them. At the same time, fight for them. It will help you grow stronger as a person.
- When you choose to remain silent when so many things are being hurled at you, you know for sure that you are strong.
- If you do not know struggle, you can never understand how to be strong.
- When you undergo a struggle in life, you always have two options. The first is to just fall and lose hope while the second one is to thrive and survive. Here is to hoping that you will choose the latter.
- Remember that difficulties are not meant to discourage you. They are meant to make you hope and do more so that you can survive.
- When you are anxious, you are not supposed to lose strength. You may lose your energy but not your strength to continue moving forward.
- See the world as your playground. Sometimes you get hurt with the equipment but you learn never to make the same mistakes again.
- When you experience solitude, this is when you gain enough strength to survive.
With all of these quotes for strength available, you may find the wisdom to push through even with all the challenges that you are going through.
How to get the ball rolling on eating healthier
You may want to start eating healthier, but getting the ball rolling can be an uphill endeavor.
Make a List
When you get hungry, the last thing you feel like doing is running down a mental list of available healthy foods to eat. That’s why you probably end up grabbing whatever is closest to you and chowing down, vowing to start eating healthy tomorrow.
Instead, sit down and make a list of foods that you determine to be healthiest for you and your goals. Don’t just write a shopping list. Make a list of actual meals that you can prepare and eat. Include what day you’re going to have them, and what time. The more prepared you are when hunger strikes, the more likely you will be to have something ready without having to think too hard about it.
Buy a Cookbook
Flipping through a cookbook with enticing photographs of healthy food will get you inspired to start eating healthy. Buy a cookbook or two that has nothing but healthy food recipes. Make sure it has a photo for every recipe, so you can visualize yourself dining on the healthy options. Put bookmarks on pages that really make you want to get up and start cooking. These are the dishes that will offer you the best motivation to start your new healthy eating plan. Alternatively, you can create your own cookbook by searching around the internet for healthy recipes and saving them to your phone or computer.
Buy Some New Clothes
Wearing the same clothes every day when you already feel unattractive can keep you in a negative rut that’s hard to get out of. Put on your favorite pair of jeans, jacket, whatever, and go shopping for some new clothes. Buy a few that fit you now, and something special that you can work toward fitting into after you’ve achieved your weight goal. The change will help you to see yourself as someone new and fresh who is capable of switching eating habits for the better.
Stop Looking in the Mirror
If your appearance really gets you down, stop obsessing over your flaws in the mirror. Seriously, you don’t need a visual examination over every wrinkle or bulge. Just stop looking in the mirror, get dressed, and be on your merry way. Wait at least a month before you give yourself a once over again. This time, you’ll be pleasantly surprised, instead of walking away thinking how bad you look.
Buy a Cool Scale
If you’re trying to lose weight (or even gain weight), having a cool scale will make the process easier to measure progress. Get yourself a digital scale that measures ounces as well as pounds. They even have scales that speak your weight, if that’s what you need to keep motivated to eat healthier. Just don’t weigh yourself every day, because daily fluctuations in weight are normal, and have little to do with your eating habits. If you gain a couple ounces after eating healthy all day, you could lose motivation to continue to eat healthy. Every three days or so is sufficient to track your progress and measure your results.
Choose Restaurants With Healthy Food
If cooking isn’t your thing, choose some local restaurants that serve healthy foods with wholesome ingredients. Keep a list of these restaurants at hand so that when you come home late from work and don’t feel like cooking, you’ll have a backup plan that doesn’t involve Domino’s Pizza.
Invest in Partitioned Storage Containers
If you’re short on time like most of us, you need some quick options for meals every now and then. Invest in some portioned storage containers so you can make your own version of TV dinners. Instead of pudding and mashed potatoes, fill them with things like brown rice, steamed broccoli, and turkey breast. Prepare them ahead of time and stack in your refrigerator or freezer. Just pop one in the microwave when all you can think about is flopping on the couch in front of the television.
The key to getting the ball rolling to start eating healthier is to be prepared. When you stock up on the tools that will help you reach your goals, get ready for instances when there’s no time to cook, and be kind to yourself by not obsessing over your image, you stand a pretty good chance of improving your eating habits for good.
WATCH: Tips for Getting Your Significant-Other to Eat Healthier
Marijuana. Infused. Beer.
It was only a matter of time before weed found its way into America’s favorite drink. Enter: marijuana-infused beer.
These days, you can find marijuana infused in everything from alcohol to BBQ sauce to bath bombs to candy bars. So, it was only a matter of time before weed found its way into America’s favorite drink: beer. Enter: marijuana-infused beer.
From Business Insider, a report that Lagunitas Brewing Company has released an IPA infused with marijuana. It’s called Supercritical, and it’s available for a limited release in California. In case you don’t know, Lagunitas Brewing Company is based in California and was purchased by Heineken in early 2017.
Sadly, though, it won’t get you high — the beer contains no THC.
For inside scoop, watch the full video. Then let us know in the comments what you think about marijuana-infused beer.
Sweden’s Move To A 6 Hour Workday Should Make You Very Angry
THIS CONTENT WAS REPUBLISHED FROM AN EARLIER DATE.
What would you do with 6 extra hours of free time every week? That’s the question every full-time worker in Sweden is going to have to answer. After years of individual companies making the switch, the entire country is about to embark on an ambitious plan to maintain productivity while also eliminating 17% of the current workweek. Yes, the entire country.
Not only have Swedish workers just been given 312 hours of their lives back each year, but they have effectively been given a rather nice raise as well. In 2014, the average Swede took home about of €30,612 (the equivalent of $34,285) each year, or €2551 ($2857) a month, which is about €589 ($660) a week. If we break that down over a 36 hour work week (less than the 47 hours the average American works full-time ), that equals €16.35 an hour. With the switch from a 36 hour workweek to a 30 hour workweek, the average take-home hourly wage just jumped to €19.63/hour, or a 20% increase.*
That would make me pretty happy, and I hope our CEO reads this and feels compelled to give all of us at Men’s Trait a 20% raise. We’re not holding our breath, however. Wages in the U.S. have been slightly better than stagnant for decades, and now we have to sit back and watch as an entire nation was just collectively given a raise that we could only dream of in the States.
In the United States, the average earner made $45,230 before taxes in 2014. More than the average Swede, right? Not necessarily. You might have noticed that the amount people in Sweden take home, on average, was €30,612 ($34,285), not what they earned. That’s the net, after tax amount. In the U.S., depending on a worker’s tax bracket, that amount would be at best $33,923, excluding any deductions and credits on their taxes. Depending on the exchange rate at any given moment, people in Sweden might take home more money than Americans. Or Americans might take home more. It’s very, very close.
But each country is different, and the cost of living in Sweden is higher than in the United States. Or, rather no, it isn’t. When we look at just after tax income, not accounting for fixed expenses, the average Swede has more buying power than the average American. Rent and utilities are significantly cheaper for people living in Sweden, making it slightly more affordable than the U.S. overall. Removing just utilities from the equation gives the advantage to Americans for having more buying power. Luxury activities, like eating at restaurants or going to the movies, are more expensive in Sweden than they are in the United States; that’s one financial advantage we have. But Swedes don’t do those things on the same scale that Americans do, so the premium prices affect them less than they would someone living in the States.
Okay, so I’ve rambled for over 500 words about how the Swedes just made a change to how much people work, and then delved into a bevy of numbers comparing the incomes and buying power of Americans and Swedes, only to come to the conclusion that there really isn’t that much difference between the two countries. Both are wealthy countries, with each celebrating a 7.2 OECD Better Life Index score that measures the quality of life for people around the globe, well above the average score of 6.0. So what’s the point?
Just remember, you could be living the American dream in Sweden, only by working at least 312 fewer hours each year. Oh, and the Swedes are guaranteed 25 paid vacation days and 16 paid holidays yearly, plus some paid maternity (56 weeks, or 13 months) and paternity leave (34 weeks), neither of which are guaranteed in the United States.** Now, with this new 6 hour workday, your typical Swedish worker will work 458 fewer hours every year than the average American (this even includes part-time workers)—that’s 19 full days.
Yes, you should be angry. People in Sweden are living the American dream better than we are.
Preston Hemmerich is the Content Manager for 301 Digital Media, overseeing MensTrait.com, OutwardOn.com, DailyBeautyHack.com and more. He enjoys covering food, politics, travel and writing sad attempts at humor.
*This figure does not account for hourly employees, only salaried employees. Some businesses have applied a wage increase to hourly employees to make up for lost hours, but that is not a country wide practice. In reality, this de facto raise disproportionately benefits higher income individuals working salaried jobs.
**Collectively, citizens of the U.S. get nowhere near 41 paid days off a year that Swedish citizens do.
Entertainment2 years ago
32 worst things Donald Trump has ever said
Entertainment2 years ago
32 of the worst things Donald Trump has said since running for President
Entertainment3 years ago
30 Animals that Will Make You Fear Australia
Travel3 years ago
27 Foreign Laws You Don’t Want to Break
News2 years ago
The 24 Dankest Bernie Sanders Memes
Entertainment3 years ago
27 Surprising Facts About Beer
Entertainment1 year ago
25 Most Disturbing Urban Dictionary Words Ever
Entertainment2 years ago
Netflix Secret Codes Guide