If you would be asked what is the difference between antiperspirants and deodorants, would you say that they are the same? The correct answer is no -they are different. Antiperspirants make sure that the armpits will not sweat while deodorants will make sure that the armpits will still smell great. Men should always be on the lookout for the best antiperspirant deodorant that they can use.
One of the mistakes that men make is thinking that they only need antiperspirants. They feel that they smell bad because they are sweating. This is not true. Sweat is odorless. It makes the armpit wet and it can be very uncomfortable but the armpits become odorous because of the number of bacteria that usually multiply on the sweaty armpits.
Just imagine if you are on a date with a girl that you are very interested in. In the beginning, she seems interested in you too. She keeps asking you questions and she smiles at you constantly, but suddenly, when she tries sitting closer, she smells something and she suddenly pulls away. Before you realize what’s happening, she will tell you that something came up and she leaves. It is only after you smelled yourself when you realize that you stink. More than half of women who are asked say that body odor is one of the things that make them disinterested in men. This is not something that you will undergo if only you pick the right antiperspirant deodorant.
How to Narrow Down the Selection
There are some factors that you need to consider so that you can pick the right antiperspirant deodorant that will surely keep you sweat and odor-free. Here are some details:
- Long Lasting Results – You want to choose a product that will keep you smelling fresh all day long. This will make you feel more confident about all the activities you have to do.
- No Fragrance – There are some men who like their deodorants to have a manly fragrance but too much of it can contribute to more body odor. Try to get fragrance free deodorants and you will realize why this is the better choice.
- Prevent Stains – Just imagine if you are wearing something light colored and the antiperspirant you choose leaves a stain on the piece of clothing. Raising your arms will become very embarrassing especially if there are women nearby. You also need to wash the clothes thoroughly just so you can wear it again. If the stain would not come off, you have to face the fact that you need new light-colored clothes.
- Great Reviews – An antiperspirant deodorant should be able to stop sweat from forming and should always keep the armpits odor free. If the deodorant that you choose fails at doing these things, look for another brand.
- Check for proper ingredients – There are some ingredients that are considered to be bad for the health such as parabens and aluminum. If you see that your deodorant contains these ingredients, switch.
Antiperspirants to Consider
Now that you know the important factors to search for when choosing antiperspirants, here are some of the best:
- Maxim Prescription Strength Antiperspirant & Deodorant
If you would ask a dermatologist for the best choice, this is probably what your dermatologist would recommend. It can help stop you from sweating about 96% of the time. Probably you will only begin to sweat when you run a marathon or something. A lot of users say that you need to use this product for three consecutive days before you start to see how good it is for you and your armpits.
- Old Spice High Endurance Pure Sport Deodorant
This is one brand that has been around for a long time and there is a good reason for this – men love this product a lot. It comes with a fresh-smelling fragrance that a lot of men love. It is true that fragrance-free may be best when it comes to your armpits but if you cannot resist the great smell of this tried and tested product then just go ahead and use it.
- Jack Black Pit Boss
Men and women love the smell of this antiperspirant. Women would love to smell it on their men and men would be happy to use it because it lasts longer when compared to other deodorants. This makes sure that the skin is not irritated because of its mild ingredients. This is one antiperspirant deodorant you would like to have.
Do you think that choosing an antiperspirant deodorant will be easier now? Hopefully, you have learned a lot from the things mentioned above.