Ok so you’re about to get laid, but there’s another thing on your mind: cheeseburgers and a coke. Because you’re not only starved sexually, you’re starved… you know, starved. Before you chow down on some pre-sex Burger King, you might reconsider your dietary options if you want to perform better in bed, and choose foods that will actually help boost your libido.
Junk food is chock-full of sugar and carbohydrates, which increases the level of glucose in the blood, making you tired and decreasing your sex drive. So it’s best to leave off the sugary, fatty, and industrial foods if you know what’s good for you (Wink wink—I’m not just talking ordinary good health, but a better sex life). So instead of stuffing yourself with food that drowns your libido in grease, consider eating some foods that give you a boost in your sex drive.
The basic idea for using food to boost your libido is simple. To get real hard, the male body needs two things: testosterone, the “manhood” hormone, and nitric oxide, a neurotransmitter that causes muscle relaxation and increases blood flow, which you need to get an erection. Foods that boost either of these are thus pro-boner foods. Here’s a list of some of them:
- Since ancient times oysters have been recognized as an effective aphrodisiac. Not only do they resemble vaginas in appearance and texture, they also are high in zinc, which helps produce testosterone.
- Greens too are good for getting hard. Think broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts. They contain Indole-3-Carbinol and D-Glutaric acid, which increase testosterone levels.
- Celery is a green but it’s on another level of sexual vegetables—even Casanova is said to have eaten celery to maintain his sexual drive. The consumption of this renowned aphrodisiac stimulates the production of androsterone, a pheromone that attracts women via sweat (I could never seduce the ladies with my armpits—must be because I wasn’t eating enough celery). But the celery is also rich in nitrates, which stimulate the production of NO, in addition to being a diuretic vegetable with great vasodilating capacities (i.e. it increases blood flow). In Chinese medicine, it is traditionally taken to fight hypertension, the enemy numero uno of erectile dysfunction.
- Beets too are effective because they’re rich in nitrites, which produce nitric oxide. Drinking 50cl of beet juice lowers blood pressure for 2 hours. Because hypertension is the enemy of erection, beetroot is an ideal food for stronger erections, thus giving it the moniker “The Vegetable Viagra.”
- Raw, unroasted cocoa is a super food that contains loads of essential nutrients that chocolate, once heated, does not. Its high flavonoid content helps produce high levels of nitrous oxide. It is also rich in theobromine and dopamine, which produce serotonin, the “happiness” hormone. And everyone knows that a relaxed, happy man is worth two when it comes to getting down and dirty.
- Last but not least: watermelon, the fruit of the sex gods. Watermelon helps produce arginine, an amino acid that in turn produces testosterone. It is also rich in lycopene, which helps blood vessels in a natural way to relax and increase blood flow to the penis.
Time to chow down on some sex foods and get laid. How’s that for motivation to eat healthy?
Last modified: February 25, 2017